Coming soon! Laguna Beach Local on-demand ride-share!
The City of Laguna Beach is beta-testing a new on-demand, shared-ride transit service. Currently available in the Top of the World, Bluebird Canyon and Arch Beach Heights neighborhoods, the ride-sharing service provides access to local government services, jobs, businesses, restaurants, retailers, and non-emergency medical care in the City of Laguna Beach. You can request a ride when you want it, and our smaller, hybrid-electric vehicles accommodating up to 7 passengers will pick you up.
To be part of the test user group, please email email@example.com Service will officially begin on November 8, 2021.
LB Local Service Details
Currently, you can request your pickup and drop-off at over 75 locations. These run along the three former neighborhood trolley routes and throughout downtown
Here’s How it Works
To get started:
- Download the TransLoc app and search for “Laguna Beach Local”
- Rides can also be booked by calling Transit dispatch at (949) 497-0766 during operating hours or by visiting TransLoc on your home computer
- View the Laguna Beach Local user guide here.
What to Know
Here is the basic information about the service. For more information, check out the links to the most frequently asked questions below.
- What does it cost? It is free to ride.
- Can I bring my bike? Bike racks will become available soon.
- How long do I wait? The average wait time following a ride request is 15-20 minutes.
- Can I reserve a ride? You may request rides up to seven days in advance.
- Can children ride? Up to age 12, a child must be accompanied by adult, but youths 13 and above may ride on their own.
- Does Local have child seats? No, for children that need them, the parents must supply a car seat.
- Is the service ADA compliant? Yes, wheelchair accessible vehicles will be available at all times.
- What does the app show me? The app lets you track your ride similar to the Lyft or Uber apps. The on-demand app displays trolley status information as well.
Hours of Service
- Monday through Thursday: 8 AM to 6 PM
- Fridays: 8 AM to 10 PM*
- Saturdays: 10 AM to 10 PM*
*Note: during summer months LOCAL service will go through 11:30 PM Fridays and Saturdays.
Check out the Laguna Beach Local On-Demand Ride-Share FAQs here.